GFCF Chocolate chip muffins
(Makes for 4 people)
1 Cup brown rice flour
1/2 Cup sweet Sorghum flour
1/4 Cup Tapioca flour
1/4 Cup flax seed meal (optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 Cup canola oil or Palm shortening
2 Tablespoons Applesauce
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 Teaspoons of Guar gum
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (alcohol free available in Traders Joe or Whole Foods)
Gluten free diary free chocolate chips by Enjoy life
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a baking pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients except sugar and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening/oil.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Now gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well till the batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- For cupcakes bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cake is done when an inserted needle comes out clean.
Recipe submitted by Mollika
Mollika is a software engineer and mom to a five year old with autism. She is working on creating an online book of GFCF recipes.
Leave a Reply