1 cup Betty Crocker All purpose Gluten free rice flour blend
1/4 cup Millet flour or soak whole millet in warm water for about 8 hours, then rinse and grind.
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Xanthum gum (optional)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut butter or any dairy free butter
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
3/4 cup fresh Blueberries
1. Combine dry ingredients except blueberries in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the wet ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
3. Gradually fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until nicely blended. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Batter is a little on the thicker side, which is fine. Make sure the batter is not very runny, if so, add a tablespoon of coconut flour to it and mix well.
4. Fold in the fresh blueberries until evenly mixed.
5. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
6. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 3 minutes. Serve warm or remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipes submitted by Mollika Majumdar
Mollika is a software engineer and mom to a nine year old with autism.