If you have Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, you should consult your physician first and then proceed very cautiously when adding gluten-free oatmeal to your diet.
This delicious and healthy baked oatmeal recipe is great for holiday breakfast when you have lots of guests. You can add fruits and nuts of your choice or subtract the ones that you don’t like without affecting the taste of the recipe. You can refrigerate the leftover and it tastes equally good the next day when served with a little warm milk.
2 Cups Rolled gluten free oats
1 Cup Chopped walnuts
1 Cup Sliced strawberries
1 Cup Chocolate chips
2 Cups Almond milk
1 Cup Applesauce
¼ Cup Maple syrup
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
1 ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Sliced banana
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients: Mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt. Also add half of walnuts, chocolate chips, strawberries and banana. Save the other halves for decoration.
3. In another bowl mix together almond milk, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients to a greased glass baking dish. Decorate with the rest of walnuts, chocolate chips, strawberries and banana.
5. Pour the liquid mixture on top of the dry ingredients, shake gently to mix.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
7. Serve hot.
Recipes by Kirti Singh
Kirti Singh is an honors graduate from Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts. She has a Masters degree in Food and Nutrition and has also worked as a dietitian. Her entire family, including her son, who is on the spectrum, have greatly benefited from a hypoallergenic and nutrient dense diet. She enjoys using the holistic approach in helping people achieve their goals for better health.