As an excellent source of vitamin C, and a very good source of manganese, cauliflower provides us with two core conventional antioxidants. As a great source of vitamin K, cauliflower provides us with one of the hallmark anti-inflammatory nutrients. Cauliflower also helps with detoxification and has been associated with cancer fighting properties.
• 1 cup cauliflower florets
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt to sprinkle
• Red chili flakes
• Dried oregano
• Fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the cauliflower, discarding the core and stems. Cut the florets into small pieces to resemble popcorn and place in a bowl with olive oil and salt and toss.
3. Place in baking sheet on top of parchment paper and bake for about 18 minutes, turn florets and bake for another 18 minutes approximately.
4. Remove from oven, toss with red chili flakes and oregano. Place back in the oven and bake for another 4 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, stir in the chopped basil.
6. Serve right away and enjoy!
Recipes by Kirti Singh
Kirti Singh is an honors graduate from Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts. She has a Masters degree in Food and Nutrition and has also worked as a dietitian. Her entire family, including her son, who is on the spectrum, have greatly benefited from a hypoallergenic and nutrient dense diet. She enjoys using the holistic approach in helping people achieve their goals for better health.